SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Lane with a more in-depth introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On Showers, I have a variable head so that I could set the water pressure and spray pattern. That way I was able to find the pressure and spray pattern that made me the happiest and avoid the ones that sent me into sensory overload crying hysterically.

I can't do Baths. The last time I tried I almost drowned. When I transitioned from the warm water to trying to get out into the cold room, my muscles shut down and I slid back down under the water. My husband rescued me. That was the last time I took a bath, because I have been too scared to try it again. I have had the same problem with swimming and other water areas. It is only recently that I was willing to try to go into a pool again. Even then I have to be baby sat to make sure I don't drown trying to get out of the pool.
(04-28-2011, 04:26 AM)beck7422 Wrote: [ -> ]Even then I have to be baby sat to make sure I don't drown trying to get out of the pool.

Don't drown in the pool! Always good to have a swim buddy Smile
I love showers and baths and swimming. I can barely function in the morning without a shower. I should do more swimming.
<<hugs!>>
(04-28-2011, 01:33 AM)pradamary Wrote: [ -> ]1. What brings you here? I have been dealing with sensory defensiveness my entire life
2. What is your relations to someone with SPD? Do you have it? Yes I do
3. Share a little of your journey if you'd like. I'm 59 years old have always had sensory defensiveness, can't stand bright light, loud noises, crowds, certain touch...the first time I took a shower as a child I felt like i was being pelted with needles, my mother thought I was being difficult, I hate things tight on my waist, I love cold rooms with heavy blankets I only recently realized this an actual phenomenon, as nearly everyone has just

Hi pradamary! I'm new too. I think if you start your introduction in a new thread more people will respond and welcome you. They may not currently know you are here, as your intro is embedded in my introductory thread.

Forums are confusing. I'm still trying to feel my way around, too!

Happy to meet you,
Lane
Pages: 1 2