SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Another introduction :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I am not using my brain well today so I am going to do as Dan suggested with the cut and paste method of introducing myself Smile

1. What brings you here?

Find other people that understand the complexity, and can relate to how SPD impacts a life and also can relate to what I go through.

2. What is your relations to someone with SPD? Do you have it? a child of yours? Do you treat SPD kids as a professional?

I have it.

3. Share a little of your journey if you'd like.

My journey mostly consists of a life that I wondered why I was so different and why no one else seemed to have problems like I did... Now I am hungry to discover all I can.

4. Is there any immediate help you need?

Naw... just wanting to find others like me... feel not so alone anymore.

5. SPD doesn't run your life! What are you or your child's gifts? Interests?

I am an artist. I sculpt lifelike baby dolls out of clay, and also make vinyl dolls that look lifelike, called reborns.

6. What do you like to do in your spare time? Any hobbies or interests?

I don't read anymore, though I used to love it. Makes me too ill. But tomorrow I get my blue tinted glasses and I have high hopes that is about to change Smile ... also as mentioned above, sculpting and reborning.

And lastly... Hello everyone!
Hello Valkyrie, welcome! You are definately not alone.
Valkarie are your blue tinted glasses Irlen Lenses? Mine are Rose colored. A dark Rose.
Welcome, Valkyrie! I'm glad you found us!
Thanks everyone Smile

No, the lenses aren't Irlen, tho I did want to get them. I do not live close enough to an Irlen center - nor are the cost in my budget. They are simply tinted.

The red spectrum of colors do not work for me, nor did green, yellow or grey. A light shade of blue was brilliant tho.

Unfortunately I didn't get to get my glasses today. I did learn some interesting facts today at my appointment. So all in all happy. Now just get passed the waiting for the lenses to be finished Smile

I will check out the blogs sometime tonight, or maybe after work tomorrow. I am very happy I found this forum too.

Smile