SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Weighted Blankets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey y'all, I'm new here, but I wanted to share what worked for my husband. He has stumbled with SPD his entire life and he was diagnosed when he was 6, which was awesome because back then spd wasn't a common diagnosis. Through therapy and his mom being very supportive at home he has overcome some of the issues he had when we was younger. Some of the biggest problems he had were food textures but he also struggled with sleeping at night and clothes not feeling ok and all of those things he still has problems with.
His sister and I made him a weighted blanket and so much has improved! The sensation it gives him is so satisfying that he sleeps through the night. I was shocked and immediately got requests for more from friends. My sister in law is actually a part of a few moms organizations, so she knows quite a few parents and we've made so many blankets for so many people, and it has actually helped them. We just started an etsy shop to keep up with orders, and here's a link:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CreationsByKAS...p_redirect
Even if y'all aren't interested in having one made, definitely let other people know that they help, because they do! I am still so surprised at how much it has helped my husband and our friends children.
Anyways, thanks for letting me ramble you guys, I just really wanted to make sure that everyone who is effected by spd that weighted blankets help so much!