SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hello first time!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i found this forum because I wanted to connect with others who are struggling with sensory issues and see if I could get any advice.
I am 33 now and for as long as could remember I have been unable to eat vegetables and most fruits. Not as in I hate them, but as in they make me gag and even throw up some times. It is literally torturous to eat them, the crunching, the texture. I never really thought much about it, just thought I was weird. 7 years ago I visited an psychologist who told about SPD and suddenly things clicked and made sense. My father has many sensory issues related to sound/smell, and even some texture and visuals, so it makes sense I would have something like that too. I have taken of veggie smoothies over the last several years and while its not bad, I really wish I could just east some salad or kale with my meals instead of going home dumping everything into a blender which sometimes can set off my stomach issues.
I'm sure many others around here have had issues they struggle with so its good to have a place where we dont feel alone.