SPD Support Forum

Full Version: HI this is my intoduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm from Wisconsin and i found out this year I had SPD because I was starting to drive and many things about driving were hard so the OT and PT did tests on me at school and found out I have SPD. I since have stopped trying to drive and focused on what I'm good at like biking which also took a while for me to learn, I have OT every 2 weeks and I do therapeutic listening, I also do exercises for my eyes they do not work with each other.
Welcome! Sometimes driving is difficult for me. Actually, navigating is what is really hard. I have to use my GPS. Even with GPS I have trouble navigating if anyone is in the car with me. Destraction is not my friend. It causes me to confuse left and right.
Welcome!!
Hello, and welcome. I have trouble driving as well. Having people in the car with me makes me nervous and I freeze or...I get distracted by any little thing that is not them in an attempt to not notice them there scrutinizing my every move. And then "Oh look, a butterfly..."...and someone is grabbing the wheel. That only happened once...but I'm sure you get my point.
Thanks for the information... I have OT again tomorrow , it wasn't really the navigaiting in driving that was hard it was knowing how hard to brake and gas also looking when turning and backing out. Also my therapeutic listening has been helping me with my timing on the interactive metronome.
Hi and welcome! I have trouble driving at night because the oncoming headlights seem way too bright to my eyes. I'm okay during the day for the most part. Just take it slow and practice in a safe area with your parents. Good luck!

My older son was diagnosed in 1st grade. He's 10 now. He really didn't learn to ride his bike until he was 8. He seems to have the hang of it now.
(07-19-2011, 12:41 AM)LynnNBoys Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and welcome! I have trouble driving at night because the oncoming headlights seem way too bright to my eyes. I'm okay during the day for the most part. Just take it slow and practice in a safe area with your parents. Good luck!

My older son was diagnosed in 1st grade. He's 10 now. He really didn't learn to ride his bike until he was 8. He seems to have the hang of it now.

Ah...I can't see at night when I ride with people. The headlights and traffic lights all blind me. All I see is streaks of light everywhere. It gives me migraines.
(07-19-2011, 03:42 PM)teen with SPD Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the good luck, I didn't fully learn to ride my bike till about age 13 now Im good at it . I just recently got my first Trek bike for my 18th Birthday.

Senior year is off to a great start, I have some accomedations that are needed like an extra teacher in the room and to be able to sit in the front also longer time on tests :p

Hi and Welcome!!! I have a son with SPD and am just starting our journey as well. There are a lot of great people on this site that are here to help. YOu have come to the right place!!

Pages: 1 2