SPD Support Forum

Full Version: PANTS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am happy to announce that Sears has elastic waist pants for older boys!

My son hates tight waist bands, zippers and buttons on his pants, and until he hit size 10, finding loose, elastic waist pants was no problem. However...

Very, very few stores carry such pants in bigger boy sizes (he's only a 12 now) and we have been hunting for them for ages, and one thing a boy with SPD hates is shopping for clothes! He also hates making choices in stores, so we have a system now: he's allowed to say a) if it fits comfortably and b) if he can tolerate the color, all other decisions are Mom's - prevents many meltdowns this way.
That's good to know! My older son actually prefers jeans, but my younger son prefers the elastic waist like with athletic pants.

Thats a great system. I'll probably have to start doing that. I used to be able to shop without them along but I may have to bring 10 yr old with me now. He's terrible with choices. I ask X or Y, and seem to wait 5-10 minutes for an answer. Or he'll tell me X and when I give him X, he says no, he really wanted Y. Ugh.