SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hello, everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I just got back from visiting my grandson's & one of them has this SPD - he's 3. After talking to his mother I have a feeling this is what I have - or what we called "what's wrong with me". I am resisting the urge to get this all out @ once which will back me into a corner then I won't do it @ all. (I have had this page up for more than 4 hours now) So my main thing is that I don't do fast. I don't like to be around a lot of people & if more than 1 person is talking @ the same time I don't hear anybody - just a word here & there. It doesn't make sense to me. I was adopted & grew up in a home where everybody was too busy & too loud. I was committed to an institution once or twice but not for very long. It takes me a long time to "process things" & I really need my "alone time". I did marry & moved away from the folks I grew up with. I rarely see them now. I still keep to myself but I did divorce after 10 years & had to raise my 2 sons alone. I took jobs driving mostly because I didn't graduate high school but I am smart & self taught. Reading has always been my main escape. After getting hurt on the job I did manage to work in an office for 23 years but I was able to do much of it alone. I was just the weird, non-conformist. I am now retired & @ 61 am pretty sure this is "what's wrong with me". Okay, if anyone wants to respond I will check back in.