SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Meeting teacher today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I emailed her last week to set up a meeting. Daegan's anxiety has kicked into high gear since we got back from MN and I know it's because of the coming school year in a new school with a new teacher. We went to the school in July to see his classroom and all the 4th graders went for a tour in May. I was going to set up a meeting with the teacher anyway, but his teariness just reminded me to do it sooner rather than later. He's worried he won't know where to go or what to do. He likes to know exactly what is going to happen, hates the unknown. He has also been wanting the four of us to do more things together and wants us together all the time. I think this is related to it too. Wants things/people who are familiar to be close when he's feeling insecure and the future is uncertain.

He'll have this teacher for 2 years like his past teachers, but the class isn't mixed. Only 5th graders. She'll move up with them to 6th grade, as will the other 2 current 5th grade teachers. Then the 3 current 6th grade teachers will be next years 5th grade teachers. I'm not sure if the same thing happens in 7th and 8th when they go to junior high. I'm learning as we go. ;-)