SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Suffering from chronic pain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am a sixty-year-old man. I had about eight major surgeries on my left knee. I have been suffering from chronic pain since last four years. I have tried opiates and that is showing no effect. I find it very difficult to drive and has to take 500 mg of Morphine every day to reduce the pain.
I have reached a situation where I have to depend upon a wheelchair to move around at home. I cannot attend social events and I spend my day looking at the clock, waiting for the time to take my next pill. I have been hospitalized due to depression.
My friend suggested using traditional Chinese medicines for the treatment of pain and I have booked an appointment for acupuncture services ( http://www.physionow.ca/services/acupuncture/ ) in Mississauga. I have done a lot of research on acupuncture, especially if it is done by Chinese trained physician.
I wanted to know whether if anyone of you has tried acupuncture before? How was your experience? Please share! Thanks in advance.
If it works for you great, if not, how long can use nerve blockers on you safely?
thanks for the suggestion.