SPD Support Forum

Full Version: My Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saying hi to everyone. I am in my 40's and have lived most of my life in California and have just recently stumbled upon the actual diagnosis of "Sensory Processing Disorder" although I've been trying to figure it out for years. Symptoms started early in childhood and have gotten progressively worse. In the last few years I have really tried to nail down a diagnosis and have entertained fibromyalgia, severe adrenal fatigue, chronic depressive syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome, and more. At this point Sensory Processing Disorder seems like the most likely candidate and I am interested in speaking with other people who experience it.
Hi ChristianZ - I'm new here too and interested in learning. I just had my counselor suggest that I have this problem as well and it was like she turned on the lights. The more I read, the more I am saying "That's me too".

Fortunately I don't have extreme symptoms like some people I've read about. What I am dealing with is plenty. Sad

It's a relief to have a name for this isn't it? Instead of "I'm weird", it's "I have a sensory problem". This is why I can't sit still. This is why I get overwhelmed and lose it in stores. This is why the touch of a spiderweb on my arm can drive me batty. Amongst other things!!!

What kind of problems do you have?
Hi Carla,

Thanks for being the only person to respond so far. I'm trying to find SPD support and it seems like there's not any really truly active forum on the 'net. But I do still check in here from time to time. I too have a hard time sitting still, being in stores for a long time, and dealing with spider webs. I might write about some other symptoms in a subsequent post here.