SPD Support Forum

Full Version: 8 month old with SPD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I’m extremely worried about my 8 month old daughter. I feel like she definitely shows signs of a SPD. Doesn’t really like cuddles or lots of touch. Very particular in general. It’s difficult for us. But right now she has been ignoring us a lot or avoiding our eyes. It has me worried. Is this a SPD thing or should I just assume my little girl has autism?

She is very normal otherwise. Likes to play with all her toys. Listens when you point to things, loves when you read to her. Can smile at you once in awhile if she chooses to herself.

But overall if she is being held or busy she will not look into your eyes, these days it’s impossible to get her attention unless she’s in. Super good mood.

Just looking for advice/support.
Thank you.
Have you talked to her pediatrician? Maybe she can get into therapy to help her and the sooner she starts the better. That way too if she does end having any learning or physical difficulties, it's way easier to start that at a younger age when brains are more malleable.