SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Website for Portraits of a Disorder: The Faces of SPD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw a link for this website on Facebook and went to check it out. He's a photographer who is trying to take photos of 100 SPDers by October 1st.

"Portraits of a Disorder puts a much needed face (or faces) to an invisible disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD). Our aim is to show just how real Sensory Processing Disorder is by showing the many children (and some adults) who bare the diagnosis. Our pages will feature professional portraits of children with Sensory Processing Disorder, created by noted photographer and father of an SPD kiddo, Brian Mengini. These stunning images will be on display, not only on our website, but in a variety of traveling exhibits."

Link: http://portraitsofadisorder.wordpress.com/

I sent him a photo of my older son.
Thanks so much for this link! I love the idea of this project. I submitted a photo of myself, too.
Fantastic link - We are not in the U.S.A (Australia) but you have got me onto whether something similar is in process here and if not think I will pursue it ... imagine a global take on it, we would flood them! I only joined today, so grateful for finding this site. Our child/ren may have SPD but as far as I am concerned these professionals resistant to it HAVE NO SENSE AT ALL!!!! Not even a distorted out of sync one ... just none Lol.
LetsALL make it happen in DSM V. Anyone living it would not question it
Your a rocking Mummy (Mommy) keep up your great achievments!