SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well it's try this, I am overloaded. I don't know if my situation is relevant but I have a 28-year-old autistic son I would consider moderately to mild, and I am very lucky, but my son has serious sensory input problems. Such as, when riding in a car and coming to an intersection he is ready to crawl under the dashboard. When excited he's about ready to fly away with the flapping but when anxious or worried just holds his fingers in front of his face and looks at them.

I have tried a number of drugs and nothing seems to work, does anybody have any suggestions?
Hi,
Have you tried neurotherapy? I am new to all this but i have seen great results with neurotherapy in the area of autism. Its so frustrating when "nothing" seems to work. I feel I am in the process of just turning each stone over in the hope it is a light bulb moment. My thoughts are with you. Hugs
Have you tried any special diets, like GAPS or gluten and casein free? The way I understand the theory is that a lot of people with autism and other neurological disorders have trouble breaking down certain proteins ("leaky gut") and the proteins will leak into their blood stream and have a opiate (drug like) effect on them.
I'm not sure if I have any suggestions! But welcome! It couldn't hurt to try a GFCF diet.