SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hi! So this is new...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, hi.
I came home from work today and got the paperwork from my local education services with the results of my 4 year old daughter's evaluation. Turns out SPD is one of her top priorities right now(amoung more than a few develpomental delays and ADD/ADHD).
While, I am in no way surprised, it has been an enlightening day to say the least.
I am currently wrestling with what to do next and where to go from here.
My daughter is a funny, sweet, and loving little girl and I want to make sure I get things on the right track.I do have a follow up scheduled to start her Specialized Learning Plan I am unsure what to do in the interim. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks
Ask her what she likes and what she doesn't like and when she says I don't like this, ask her why, that way you can start a conversation with understanding where your daughter is coming from. Then maybe if sounds are her trigger, if you are in a place that's too loud you can work with her, instead of her just having a melt down. It helps to know these things ahead of time and also where further therapy needs to go in order to make her more comfortable.