SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Just a boast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just need to boast and I think here's the only place people will understand. We had my eldests birthday party today and Laura actually was up front and in the middle dancing with all the other kids. This is the first time ever that she has done anything with other kids at a party. I've even stopped taking her to parties because she spends the whole time buried in my shoulder try to get me to take her out. That's what she did last year at Eveleyn's party and it was so hard. Today she was away from me and I could mingle and host and she was beaming and laughingt and dancing. This is ontop of her first swimming lesson yesterday, which was trying and we did have repercussions for the rest of the day. But woohoo I am so proud of her today (and yesterday). OT finally starting to pay off.
(10-16-2011, 03:16 AM)mummax2 Wrote: [ -> ]Just need to boast and I think here's the only place people will understand. We had my eldests birthday party today and Laura actually was up front and in the middle dancing with all the other kids. This is the first time ever that she has done anything with other kids at a party. I've even stopped taking her to parties because she spends the whole time buried in my shoulder try to get me to take her out. That's what she did last year at Eveleyn's party and it was so hard. Today she was away from me and I could mingle and host and she was beaming and laughingt and dancing. This is ontop of her first swimming lesson yesterday, which was trying and we did have repercussions for the rest of the day. But woohoo I am so proud of her today (and yesterday). OT finally starting to pay off.

I am very happy for you. I can only imagine the joy you are feeling. I am very happy for your daughter too. Smile
That's great!! You must have been so happy and proud of her! Way to go! Definitely a big accomplishment!

I remember how happy I was the first time my older son ate soup (he who hates all hot food).