SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Ithaca College OT Dept. Research
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Behaviors in Children with Sensory Processing Disorder During Health and Mild Illness

Research Study

I am a graduate student in the Occupational Therapy Department at Ithaca College. I have a young child with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD). I am conducting a research study regarding behaviors in children with SPD. I am seeking parents, or guardians, of children 3-7 yrs. of age to participate. Children do not need to be receiving services for sensory concerns to participate. It is expected that participation in this study will take less than 20 minutes.

This study will examine behaviors when children with SPD are healthy and when they have a mild illness. Parental perceptions of their childrens’ behaviors will be measured with the Short Sensory Profile and the Child Behavioral Checklist. Understanding relationships between behaviors in healthy and ill children may provide information to families and occupational therapists regarding childrens’ behaviors.

If you are interested in participating in this study, you may contact me at cwolfra1@ithaca.edu or at 607-669-4839. All related forms will be mailed to you, due to copyrighted assessment materials, and will need to be returned to Ithaca College.

Thank you for participating in this study,
Chandra Wolfram-Little