SPD Support Forum

Full Version: About me...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry, I haven't been on in a bit, I'm recovering from a laparotomy because of stage 4 endometriosis. Having to deal with that has been and still is a nightmare. I still can't feel comfortable in my own skin. The best way to describe it is that I feel like I'm a rag doll who was made human but who's stitching is torn a bit inside. I'm trying to get better but I don't know what that looks like.
Welcome back, Gudetema!

I'm sorry to hear about all that. That sounds really painful. I know surgeries can be very problematic when it comes to sensory issues. If you have any tools in your arsenal to help you get to your sensory baseline, it's important to utilize them as best you can. Relaxation techniques come to mind, doing things to ease your body and mind. I don't know what works for you, but know's a good time to figure it out if you don't either.

I hope you have a speedy and full recovery from all of this, and welcome back to the forums. I was wondering about you.
Thank you, it's been hard, like feeling things inside your body, there's a lot of times I can't do things because I'm laying in bed in pain. Then like little things, it's like your body constantly reminds you of the hell you've been in. I do try to meditate, but it has made my emotions very raw. I'm normally not a person who cries, but now I cry every week. Then too there's this fear, knowing the disease that I have, that this won't be my first and only surgery. It's tough to get your head around.

(04-04-2019, 08:40 AM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome back, Gudetema!

I'm sorry to hear about all that. That sounds really painful. I know surgeries can be very problematic when it comes to sensory issues. If you have any tools in your arsenal to help you get to your sensory baseline, it's important to utilize them as best you can. Relaxation techniques come to mind, doing things to ease your body and mind. I don't know what works for you, but know's a good time to figure it out if you don't either.

I hope you have a speedy and full recovery from all of this, and welcome back to the forums. I was wondering about you.