SPD Support Forum

Full Version: SPD and Epilepsy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you read my introduction in the introductions section, I'm pretty sure I have at least a mild form of SPD which I've developed coping mechanisms for over the years so that I'm not too negatively affected my it every day.
But anyway, I also have Epilepsy. I started having seizures when I was about 11.
I just began to wonder if there's any known link. Anyone know?
(12-17-2011, 01:11 AM)TouchesStuff Wrote: [ -> ]If you read my introduction in the introductions section, I'm pretty sure I have at least a mild form of SPD which I've developed coping mechanisms for over the years so that I'm not too negatively affected my it every day.
But anyway, I also have Epilepsy. I started having seizures when I was about 11.
I just began to wonder if there's any known link. Anyone know?
I just spent an evening reading up on neurological problems related to celiac disease - epilepsy is one of them, and so are many sensory problems.

Have you ever been tested for gluten intolerance?

(12-20-2011, 02:26 AM)Marci Wrote: [ -> ]just spent an evening reading up on neurological problems related to celiac disease - epilepsy is one of them, and so are many sensory problems.

Have you ever been tested for gluten intolerance?

Wow, thanks! I read up on it, and it definitely seems like a possibility and could explain some other things I have going on too.
I have epilepsy, caused by polymicrogyria (a brain malformation) and also have SPD, which may or may not be related.
(12-27-2011, 12:34 AM)alessio Wrote: [ -> ]I have epilepsy, caused by polymicrogyria (a brain malformation) and also have SPD, which may or may not be related.

Hello alession, my name is Janina, i so your replay, and want to say you have to consult an neurologist they can prescribe you meds like Diamox witch will keep your diseas in norm! Have a good Day!
Well, SPD is common in autism, and seizures are common in autism. I don't know if that could be considered to be any sort of correlation.