SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Auditory Christmas nightmare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm so sick and tired of this goddamn disease, condition, or whatever you wanna call it. To me, its a curse.
I'm at my family's Christmas party, but I am miserable because all the neighbors are playing their loud music. All I hear is the "bum bum bum" of the bass and drums. Why does it make me so miserable? And from what I've read, I'm screwed. Unless I walk around with headphones 24/7.
I don't know why SPD can be so freaking debilitating. I don't know what the hell to do anymore. Merry X-mas.

(12-25-2011, 01:17 AM)Neo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm so sick and tired of this goddamn disease, condition, or whatever you wanna call it. To me, its a curse.
I'm at my family's Christmas party, but I am miserable because all the neighbors are playing their loud music. All I hear is the "bum bum bum" of the bass and drums. Why does it make me so miserable? And from what I've read, I'm screwed. Unless I walk around with headphones 24/7.
I don't know why SPD can be so freaking debilitating. I don't know what the hell to do anymore. Merry X-mas.
1. have you looked into auditory desensitization training?

2. have you tried Omega fatty acid supplements? My son has been on them for several months now, and he is a kid with serious auditory processing problems. Noise now bothers him less, and he copes with it better.

Good luck to you.