SPD Support Forum

Full Version: My new life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a grand parent of a SPD child and because of her, it's obvious I have it also. It's both a relief to finally put a name on what's been up with me my entire life but also distressing that it took this long, when it was so obvious.

Looking forward I'm excited as I feel the opportunities for growth are real now that I can fine tune my advanced coping skills as well as just quit worrying about some things, like clothes for instance.

Looking back, I'm ashamed to admit I'm a bit filled with rage at some of the people in my life and how completely they failed me. I really need to work on forgiveness for every single teacher I ever met from kindergarten through 12th grade as they all wrote me off as stupid.

I'm focusing on helping my grand daughter find her super human power(s) and learning to avoid all the unnecessary noise that she'll just never be much good at.
It's ok to now look at things while as an adult understanding that how you reacted should have been taken better than it was. Forgive yourself ok? That's the biggest lesson that I've had to learn. The rage is common when you figure out that you had a different brain and that others should have known it, that you should have known you were different. That's why forgive yourself.