SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Pupil reactions to light in SPD people - question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bright lights tend to be one of the things that bothers those of us who are hypersensitive to light.

I've found, for both myself and others, that too bright of lights (which are lights that others look at regularly) can have our vision start washing out and us feeling blinded.

In one situation, where I was being bothered but not hitting that level, and someone else we were with was having that occur, my boyfriend looked at our pupils.

Hers were visibly larger than mine, (and I think mine were a bit larger than expected for the amount of light in the area, it was a bright day in the city, and the light reflecting off of everything was painful).

He was thinking part of her sensitivity to light might be that her pupils dilate "improperly". Pupils tending to be too large leads to higher reactivity to bright lights.

Has anyone else seen patterns like this in themselves or others with either hypersensitivity or hyposensitivity? It seems to make sense to me.
I have noticed on several occasions and mentioned it to dr that my 5 yr old has very large pupils at times. I noticed it when he is sitting near someone who I can compared to. no one seems to be bothered about it except me.
So I am intrigued that you also have it