SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Floortime online classes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

Just a few days ago, I was contacted by Nancy Greenspan about an outstanding opportunity that is currently being offered at the Greenspan website. (Yes, I know, this looks like spam, but I assure you, it's a good SPD site).

Here is the press release she sent me:
Nancy Greenspan Wrote:The Greenspan Floortime Course for Parents of Children with Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD, OCD, Anxiety, Aggression, and Sensory Processing Problems Is Now Available Online

Busy and often overwhelmed parents of children with special needs struggle daily to help their children with developmental problems. Professional support in their home to reinforce their child's therapists’ work is beyond the reach of most parents, until now.

The Greenspan Floortime Approachâ„¢ announces a new video course for parents of children with special needs, now available for a special introductory offer online until May 13, 2012. Parents and professionals can view the course from the comfort of their own homes with access to course material 24-hours a day.

Parents can also download a free Guide on Children’s Learning Styles to evaluate what will help their children learn best. In addition, parents can try out an online developmental and sensory processing assessment for free before subscribing. Available on www.stanleygreenspan.com.

The new course, from lectures by renowned child psychiatrist Dr. Stanley I. Greenspan, helps parents understand their child’s developmental delays and demonstrates how to do Floortime, where parents engage their child to expand his or her intellectual and emotional development. Results from two recent randomized, controlled studies show significant social and emotional gains in children whose parents used Floortime.

The 6-hour Course is designed especially for parents and has multiple short lectures, each viewable on-demand. Dr. Greenspan discusses multiple diagnoses such as autism, Asperger’s, ADHD, sensory processing problems, OCD, anxiety, and aggression. He demonstrates how parents can help their children work through problems to reach their potential.

The developmental and sensory processing assessment lets parents assess for themselves their child’s strengths and weaknesses. Through the results chart parents can track changes so that they understand what their child needs and how they can be a partner in supporting their child’s overcoming challenges. Parents get to try an assessment for free before subscribing.

Four online workshops for parents and professionals cover:
• Overcoming learning disabilities,
• Improving regulatory sensory processing disorders,
• Dealing with meltdown and tantrums,
• Integrating a lifespan approach to autism.

The Greenspan Floortime Approachâ„¢ continues to offer its 12-hour Professional course. Dr. Greenspan explains his developmental model with applications to assessing, diagnosing, and providing treatment to infants and children with special needs. Multiple examples by Dr. Greenspan demonstrate how to coach parents in Floortime.

Please visit: www.stanleygreenspan.com

Or contact: registration@stanleygreenspan.com or call 301-320-6360

Even if you can't do the course, I would urge people to check out the website and the Floortime approach. I've been a fan of it for years now. Also, I spent some hours on there the other day and found the videos and tutorials on the site to be quite awesome.

I won't be able to take the course myself. If anyone does, please let us know how it goes. I'd be interested to hear. Feel free to post here.