SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hey there!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, James here. One of my relative has been suffering from SPD and currently undergoing treatment. He forced me to join in this forum.
Hope to gain more knowledge about SPD that will help him in his treatment and recovery.

Thanks!
Hi, I think thinking that you can "recover" is the wrong way to think of it. To me my SPD is how can I develop skills to cope better with the outside world so I less want to ball up and shake in a panic attack. You can't undo what is you, you can learn to manage better if you're not doing well with that. So recovery, at least to me, is a loaded word. I can't take away my SPD, it's a part of me. What I can do is learn how to make it more manageable, you know? Also to learn my triggers and how to not go there. And also, it's ok to be different. So some things I'm ok with having, being very sensitive has its use. So try best to make your limitations your power ok?