SPD Support Forum

Full Version: A NICE DISCOVERY TO KNOW I AM NOT ALONE!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow!! I always thought I was just a weirdo who was uber sensitive to touch, smell, sight and sound.. I just learned about SPD through an article and almost died because I felt like they were describing me!!
I am looking for an occupational therapist in NYC to get diagnosed and get treatment. ( any suggestions anyone?) I called a couple from some organizations I have found.. I was finally diagnosed with ADD about 10 years ago and got the proper medication and treatment and it has helped a TREMENDOUS amount- but I always knew there was something else.. until I read an article it all made sense! I am an artist and an ESL teacher and luckily my senses are so active that it helps me alot in both areas! anyway- nice to meet you all!
Hi and welcome! It is nice to know we're not alone! Smile
Hello Smile Nice to meet ya too
Quote:I was finally diagnosed with ADD about 10 years ago and got the proper medication and treatment and it has helped a TREMENDOUS amount-
Hi Simzee,
I find in my work that a lot of kids are diagnosed with ADD/ADHD when their problems are sensory. I hope you are able to find an OT, I think you will get a lot out of it. Some OT's are really up with sensory and some are more about mobility and equipment, you need one who understands the sensory.
Bernadette.