SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hi, let's get to know each other!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I am 30 years old and have SPD. I have only recently been introduced to SPD and I am still in the process of understanding and finding the appropriate resources. I was excited to see this community of people living with the same struggles.

I would love to connect with people and be able to relate about these traits and the tools we’ve learned that help us.

Personally, I’m a queer, vegan, board game geek. Could I BE any less relatable? Smile I’m married and have a dog and two cats. I love cooking, crafts and planned activities.

Please reach out and say hello! What are some of your sensory sensitivities?

-Panonymous
Hello Panonymous Rex (cool name by the way)! Welcome to SPD Support. I'm happy you found the place and have been introduced to what SPD is, the impacts it can have, and the resources that are available.

I'm sure you'll be able to find people people to relate to here. This site is ran by a 32 year old transgender person who also happens to identify as a geek, though I admit to not being heavily into board games in particular, hah! Nothing against them. I just never got into them when the technological world was also at my fingertips, hehe. There are some great ones out there though, for sure.

Great that you have pets. I don't happen to have any of my own at the moment, but my roommate does happen to have 4 love birds that have taken over his bedroom. I grew up with a cat and a dog. I loved both dearly and, though I prefer the lower maintenance of a cat, I've developed allergies that just don't make that one so easy unfortunately. I think a dog would be a more likely choice for me once I'm ready to spring for a pet of my own.

Because you asked, as for my sensitivities, well they are numerous and quite large in scope and range. I think the big ones for me are probably certain sounds, light touch (including clothing sensitivities), bright lights, and movement sensations. Those items have always given me a lot of trouble.

I hope you enjoy your time here and are able to find the resources and community you need.