SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Orthotics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So today my youngest got her orthotics in and we are going to start having to get her used to them. She is a hyper sensitive and sensory seeker which poses new challenges for her father and I. See, our 4 year old has SPD as well and uses orthotics too, but she is a hypo sensitive (Since 18 months old).

Does anyone have a child that is sensory seeking and hyper sensitive and also does physical therapy and require orthotics? Any advice?
My youngest child has low tone and Dyspraxia (said to be a sub-type of SPD) she is very sensitive but she loves her orthotics. She as a little confused by them at first but then she was very excited that she could walk so much easier. I don't make her wear them but she does wear them most of the time. I hope you have a good experience as well.
(04-29-2012, 11:14 PM)AngelaVA Wrote: [ -> ]My youngest child has low tone and Dyspraxia (said to be a sub-type of SPD) she is very sensitive but she loves her orthotics. She as a little confused by them at first but then she was very excited that she could walk so much easier. I don't make her wear them but she does wear them most of the time. I hope you have a good experience as well.

Thank you Smile She just got them in on Friday and she loves them! She was kinda wobbly at first, but then took off! She's running and playing. she gets mad when they come off. Her OT seems to think that she has a sensitivity to the hardness of the tile floors in the house.