SPD Support Forum

Full Version: SPD and ADA... accommodation at work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am just so upset. i landed a great job with the National Parks Service, a job that I absolutely LOVE. But, I absolutely cannot cannot cannot CANNOT tolerate the uniform! I am at a loss of what to do, calling in sick tomorrow less than a week in... I just cannot do it. If I could wear my own pants, I would be fine...

Has anyone asked for accommodations for spd under the americans with disabilities act? I am so so upset Huh
My company has made many accomodations for me and for that I'm really appreciative. Since it seems that SPD is not really mainstream, yet, I used the anxiety disorder that comes from SPD to get the accomodations. You might want to try that. It is easier to get doctor's notices, etc. with the accompaning anxiety than it is for the SPD. At least, it was for me.

Also, years ago I had to wear a polyester uniform and I couldn't stand it. I took to wearing really thin cotton long johns under the bottoms so the fabric wouldn't scratch me. You might try that until you can get some sort of accomodations.

Good luck!Wink