SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Helmets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this past week my husband and I figured out the "bump" on our youngest head was actually the same size as the gaps on the crib bars. She loves to rock back and forth and slam her head into them. Her PT and OT looked at it and of course like us was very concerned. She will register pain when she bumps her forehead, but not the top of her head where the bump starts (It starts at the hairline and spans back).

So needless to say, she will be going to a neurologist for CT scans and also they want her to go to a cranio doc for a fitted, padded helmet.

So has any of the parents here, or even some adults have any experience with these? How did they work and did you/your child respond well to it?

I have known for months now that she has needed one, however, insurance is not always the most understanding :/
Hugs! My kids never had one but my nephew had the kind for a flat head from sleeping on his back. I think he was 7-8 months old when he got it. I can double check with SIL but I think he had it for 6-7 months? With fewer and fewer hours he had to wear it.
(06-17-2012, 09:52 PM)LynnNBoys Wrote: [ -> ]Hugs! My kids never had one but my nephew had the kind for a flat head from sleeping on his back. I think he was 7-8 months old when he got it. I can double check with SIL but I think he had it for 6-7 months? With fewer and fewer hours he had to wear it.

Oh thank you so much Smile I knew she needed one, but I am still kinda scared ya know.