SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Sensory Diet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going to be talking to my daughter's OT about making a sensory diet for my little one. She is a hypersensitve/sensory seeker. Does anyone have any ideas and or tips?
Kitties and puppies and weighted blankets. Rhythmic stuff - likely low volume, low pitched (large drums are good for this)... Most of it comes down to her in particular though.
(06-22-2012, 09:33 AM)heatherv112506 Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to be talking to my daughter's OT about making a sensory diet for my little one. She is a hypersensitve/sensory seeker. Does anyone have any ideas and or tips?
Strange as it may sound, sorting the laundry has been a great activity for my son since he learned to walk. There's movement, there's visual input from the different colors, there's making big piles of clothes and jumping in them, and finally, there is learning to contribute to the well-being of the family. He was less than 15 months old when he started doing this chore, and he still does it. Of course, now he is big enough to haul the filled laundry basket down to the basement for me! Which is an even bigger benefit to the job. Wink
Hey Guys well i think that sensory diet is a customized action plan that provides the sensory feedback a person needs to remain targeted and structured throughout the day.Thanks!!