SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, my name is Jamie. I'm a recently single mom of two beautiful girls. My daughter Eloise is 17 months and Juliana is almost 5 months.

A friend found this site for me because Eloise was diagnosed with SPD a little over a month ago. She also has been diagnosed with a seizure disorder. She has hypersensitivities to touch and loud sound. Bathing is proving to be the most difficult task so far with feeding close behind. She does not eat anything unless it is room temperature and a purée.

She's a very loving girl and she really enjoys music and Yo Gabba Gabba. Eloise also likes to dance and read books.

Prior to her diagnosis I was not very familiar with what SPD was, and I still have so many questions. I look forward to chatting with all of you and hearing your stories and advice.
Hi, Jamie, welcome!

It's great that you have the diagnosis at an early age! That will help you understand what's going on!

My older son would not eat hot food when he was a preschooler. I cooked his dinner then stuck it in the freezer for 10 minutes, then he would eat it.

Glad you found us!
I have an easier time with a Luffa & Body Wash, instead of a soap bar. The Luffa covers more area of my body at once than the soap bar and that helps me a lot.

I am not all that familiar with kid's shampoo and conditioner, but the gentler and more sensitive the better it probably will be for your daughter. If your daughter's hair type allows it, she will probably prefer it if you use your whole hand to massage the shampoo into her skalp & hair, instead of just the tips of your fingers.

At least for me as a hypersensitive, light touch or touch over a small area is hell for me. Heavy touches or touch over a large area is pleasant for me.