SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Looking for ways to use my time productively
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Essentially, my situation is simple. My only source of income is my monthly SSDI check. Between my rent, bills, therapy visits, and food purchases, I really do not have much cash left for anything else.

I am afraid of looking for FT work because I worry that I will lose my medical benefits if I take that route. Nobody is hiring even PT around my part of the country, anyway.

So, I feel like I need a sense of purpose in my life. I have a couple of nasty addictions (one of them being alcohol) that have been popping back into my life over the last couple of months. The only friends I really have that live near me are people who are also in 12-step recovery. I need to expand my horizons, but I really do not know where to start.

I feel like I have little reason to wake up in the morning, and I need to snap the hell out of that mindset, the sooner, the better.

So - does anybody know of things to do that are productive and don't take a lot of cash to start up?

Sorry for not being around the last year or so - I just got Internet access back at my apartment a few days ago, and now it has a time filter on it that blocks me after my 2 hours are up for the day. That was my own idea.
My therapist has suggested volunteering at an animal shelter.