SPD Support Forum

Full Version: New here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, finally I have found a support group for SPD! I am a Mum of 3 - a 5 y/o son, almost 4 y/o daughter and almost 2 y/o daughter. My son was diagnosed with SPD 4 months ago (after a year or so of my own suspicions) and I guess I have just come here for some support and 'we know how you feel/how exhausted you are!' I'm looking forward to hearing about other peoples struggles and successes with their SPD kids and also how they manage negative behaviour/tantrums and judgemental others. Smile
Hey i am ne here to i have a 12 year old with sensory seek
There's a great thread under SPD General that shares a lot about managing behavior (http://spdsupport.org/forum/thread-614.html). I recently read something about a mother responding to someone being judgemental by saying, "that's not very nice. Would you want someone to say that about you?" Unfortunately, you just have to develop thick skin and ignore it most of the time. You know your son has it, we know he has it, your OT knows, and the others are just ignorant. Welcome. I hope you stick with us and get the support you need.