SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Shoes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am I the only one whose child destroys shoes. I bought him some new ones because he walks and runs on his toes which makes they splay out. The new ones only lasted a day before he took the fronts off them and they were sketchers. Totally ruined them, there was no colour left and he had worn away the cotton threads.

I am gutted, when I said to my friend look at his shoes, she replied at least they lasted him till the end of the year. WHAT - I only bought them at the beginning of the week.

Any suggestions.

Jaffa
I just bought a pair of shoes for my daughter by Keen. They have a rubber rim around the entire shoe, and the rubber on the toes comes up and over the front just over the toes. It's also pretty thick rubber, so it would probably last quite a bit before it wore through. They run about $50 a pair, but lucky me, I had a $10 off coupon and they were on sale for $36. Another plus was that she wore them all the rest of the evening after we bought them and didn't trip or stumble once, which is unusual. She said they made her feet feel good.
Lac they seem awesome but trying to find some in the uk. Have found some sandles by them and going to give them a go. Thanks
Lac I have had the sandals a couple of days and can say I am amazed at them. He has fallen over many times and they not even scuffed. He likes the feel of them and has not complained one bit about them not being tight enough. Yeah.
Only prob now is trying to get a pair of shoes of theirs to fit him for school.
Thanks again for the help.
My daughter climbed a mountain in them!! We went to Colorado on vacation, and there was a hiking trail that gained 2200 feet (meters??) She made it nearly to the top then broke down about a couple hundred yards from the top and Daddy had to rescue her. The shoes however, were awesome. They look just as good today as they did before vacation. She still says they're very comfortable and does not trip in them. I known Keen makes hiking boots, and my hubby says they make casual shoes as well. Have you tried Amazon? I know they sell them on Zappos.com, but I don't know if they ship to the UK. I'm glad the sandals worked out. Hurray for small victories!