SPD Support Forum

Full Version: about me and my son the chimpanzee ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I a mom of two boys... two awesome boys.
Bryce is nearly 5 and his little brother Chase is nearly 3. Chase has SPD, sensory seeker... with vestibular and motor planning issues, gross motor and language delays. Bryce is typical, so his intro is short... he loves trains and Spiderman and is a very patient big brother.

Chase is my "son the chimpanzee" but when you love a boy so much you're allowed to call him such Wink He is cute, full of energy and puts a smile on everyone's faces. He firmly believes everyone is his new best friend. He runs and jumps, but has difficulty walking in a calm organized fashion. If only he could jump everyone he needed to go. We deal with much chaos and we see much progress... but lots of areas that can be improved upon as well. Although I believe he understands at a normal 3 year old level, he has such limited communication and trouble following directions it seems like he is really globally delayed. I have high hopes for him as he is so very likable and I really do think his brain is working just fine... just much differently than my own.

Anyway, nice to be here with so many other parents of rock star kids!
Hi Bethxyz,
Welcome to our "club". I have a 5 yr old with SPD and he is a touched, spinner, runner, is very loud, lives life in the fast and dangerous lane and everything is NOW.
I can't tell him we are doing anything until we are ready to do it or I am harassed the whole time.
Once he could speak I was very sorry he didn't have a volume control and a speed control but I love him to bits. He is very special as I adopted him too.
This site has been a blessing to me. Very helpful, friendly people who can explain what it is like to live with this condition.
Welcome to the site Bethxyz!