SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Eye Glasses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm new to this support forum and I've known for some time that I have SPD. It explains everything from when I was a child. At any rate, I'm desperate to seek out other people who have problems with their eye glasses and to see what solutions people have come up with. I've worn glasses for years and they have hurt for all of those years. I've tried frame after frame hoping to find the magic ones that wouldn't hurt any more. I've tried contacts and they don't work. My problem is, no matter how thin, light, etc. they are, no matter how many times I have them adjusted or adjust them myself, they always hurt. They can be so loose that they fall off my nose when I look down, and still I fell like my head is in a vise. It feels like I have this huge, foreign object on my face and all I can do is focus on is this. It even hurts behind my ears and the bows don't go behind my ears. They've been changed to a "library style" where they extend straight out around my head, not wrapping around my ears. Phantom pain? I think so. I'm so desperate for help and depressed at being in pain every day that I'm at my wit's end. Has anyone had similar problems and found any solutions besides going to contacts? Thank you!
(08-21-2012, 02:08 PM)GoingNuts Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm new to this support forum and I've known for some time that I have SPD. It explains everything from when I was a child. At any rate, I'm desperate to seek out other people who have problems with their eye glasses and to see what solutions people have come up with. I've worn glasses for years and they have hurt for all of those years. I've tried frame after frame hoping to find the magic ones that wouldn't hurt any more. I've tried contacts and they don't work. My problem is, no matter how thin, light, etc. they are, no matter how many times I have them adjusted or adjust them myself, they always hurt. They can be so loose that they fall off my nose when I look down, and still I fell like my head is in a vise. It feels like I have this huge, foreign object on my face and all I can do is focus on is this. It even hurts behind my ears and the bows don't go behind my ears. They've been changed to a "library style" where they extend straight out around my head, not wrapping around my ears. Phantom pain? I think so. I'm so desperate for help and depressed at being in pain every day that I'm at my wit's end. Has anyone had similar problems and found any solutions besides going to contacts? Thank you!
I don't have spd but my son does...I am an optometrist though. If you think you can handle it and you are a candidate, you should consider LASIK. Then your vision will be corrected and no need for glasses or contacts. Let me know if you have any questions about it! Good luck!
I don't have spd but my son does...I am an optometrist though. If you think you can handle it and you are a candidate, you should consider LASIK. Then your vision will be corrected and no need for glasses or contacts. Let me know if you have any questions about it! Good luck!

Hi there..thanks for the thoughts. :o) My eye doctor has talked about that, but at this point he said I'd probably still need reading glasses. Plus, it just scares me. LOL