SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Help!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im a mother of a 4 year old soon to be 5 and starting kindergarden in the fall whom i believe has SPD Ive done the research and have diagnosed him myself but i have no clue where to start with having him professionally diagnosed as to get both he an I the help we need to deal with this disorder. because of his behavior I am labeled as a bad parent and him a spoiled brat who isnt made to behave. if anyone has any advice on where i can start to get him diagnosed and move on to getting the help we need please feel free to let me know all advice is appreciated. thank you
Check out some of the articles on the site. There are some good ones with where to start on getting help Smile
I was where you are back in June. I started by asking my daughter's speech therapist whether she knew of a good OT in the area who could do an evaluation. She recommended two. Then I talked to her pediatrician and explained what I had read in The Out Of Sync Child and that I believed she had sensory issues. She wrote a prescription for the OT evaluation. I got an appointment about 2 weeks later, then 2 weeks after that we got the report and she started OT. You can also do alot of things at home to get him started. The book Growing An In Sync Child has loads of great activities and exercises. I wish you success!
Hi and welcome! I'm glad you found us!