SPD Support Forum

Full Version: New to site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am new to site as of today! I am very excited about finding this! I am a mom of an 8 year old awesome SPD kid! He has come such a long way, we still have our issues of course but with all hte support , keeping in touch with his therapists he had through Easter Seals, can't say much for school that is like trying to fight a MMA fighter to get what he needs, but anyway... he has come so far! So, just stopped by to say HI!
Well Hello and Welcome heather40 Smile So glad you found us!
Hi and welcome! Glad you found us!
Welcome! You know what your child needs. Keep fighting for what he needs! It can be frustrating, but we'll be there to support you when you need to vent.
THanks guys!!! THis is awesome!!!!!
Welcome to the site!

I havent had a need for therapy for my newly turned three year old yet, and I dont think I could get my 30 year old husband into therapy at all (hes only recently figured out that he has spd)

However, Im curious about your experience with Easter Seals. My just turned 21 year old daughter juar graduated from college with a degree in psychology/specializing in working with autistic children in May. She has experience with autistic children for a few years now. She applied as a Behavior Interventionist a month ago, interviewed and was offered the job. We are thrilled for her.

What has your experience with Easter Seals been like?