SPD Support Forum

Full Version: IEP and ugh!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend is going for her son's IEP next week and he has SPD, they are telling her that SPD is not considered in the autistic spectrum. I know it is not in that 'manual" but I ust went to a whole huge conference where it was talked about being a part of the spectrum! Am I nuts?!?!?!?!?!?! Again the wonderful school system not wanting to give services when they are needed! I am so over this!
My son also has SPD and it is not recognized for his IEP. We got around that problem by having him labeled as Learning Disabled. So far it has covered him (he is in first grade).
My son is in second grade. Last school year he started at a new school. They noticed instantly his intolerance found noise. They got him noise cancelling head phones and they really seem to help. He is just now being classified with sensory issues but the school caught on and thank heavens put it all in his IEP. Honestly I think most schools are not going to help because they don't understand it.