SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hello, my name is Jerry...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
and I am the proud father of James, my 9 year old son who happens to have PDD-NOS. He has sensory issues, such as hating to wear long pants, tags in shirts bother him sometimes, he is very sensitive and aversive to loud sounds, yet he seeks music and lights very consistently. He throws tantrums and when he gets upset, it sometimes takes quite a while to get back on track. This is especially true in a school environment.

James is a great kid. I think he has already taught me more about life than I will ever be able to teach him. As a family we have been through a lot together, and we learn more each day. My wife and James' younger sister are helpful. I sometimes think that his sister has been instrumental in his life, because she has helped him a lot from a social standpoint without really even knowing it. She is only twenty months younger than James and she is probably his best friend.

James likes gymnastics, movies, riding bikes and wrestling, even when it results in him being the victim of the dreaded superpretzel move. He is one of the most honest people I have ever been around. Sometimes he is painfully honest.

I hope to learn a lot from those already here, and I hope that I can offer something, too. Thanks for letting me read and participate with you.
Hello and Welcome Smile it sounds like James has a Wonderful, Supportive family. That is the best a child can ask for. There is a lot of great articles and posts from many dedicated parents, teachers, OTs and so on. It has helped me a lot and i hope it will do the same for you.
Welcome!!!!!!!! FIrst, it is great that your family is so supportive! THis is an AWESOME support group you will find so much help and just moral support on here! ANytime things seem like they are just crazy stop in!!! We are here for ya!
Welcome James. I've already appreciated some of your insights.