SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hurricane Sandy (and other barometric pressure)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else who's affected by barometric pressure? Anyone else had a hard time with this storm?

I have big problems with changes of barometric pressure and low pressures. Storms like this are a big problem for me.
I had never considered this before. In what ways does it affect you?
Hi there Tuttleturtle - Since I live in Pa above Philly - holly cow - Monday night and Tuesday - my head felt like it might explode - I compared myself to a vegetable on the fibromyalgia forum - those with FM are quite affected by the pressure differences by having bad flare ups too. I have had worse pressure headaches by other storms though. Smile I swear - my ears have popped when storms start moving in. I noticed that, earlier in the year, during spring storms. Summer gave me the worst headaches though. Hope you feel better soon. Smile stacey

I liken it to - when you are driving up, or down a big mountain, taking off/landing in a plane, or closing the electric windows in your car - as your driving. The pressure difference can make your ears pop, and it can hurt. Personally, I can feel the pressure on my brain, sinuses, and all over head. This is what the storms pressure brings with it - for some it can be felt on the whole body, and for me, personally, it is a longer sustained ache in the head - till it blows over.
Migraines, feeling like my ears are going to pop, general increased sensitivity.

I entered the migraine aura Sunday at 6 pm, left it Wednesday night.