SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Therapeutic Listening Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm looking at starting Therapeutic Listening, I really hope to start it, and I have some questions that I really can't ask my OT comfortably.

1. Is this a program that should only be done with an OT monitoring it or not? I know the brushing program should only be done with an OT, but what about this one?

2. If the answer to 1 is that it can be done without an OT, will you get benefits from it if you do only little bits of it infrequently, rather than the twice daily? Does anyone know?

Basically what I'm looking at is that in order to do this program, I'd need to rent the headphones and CD player and CDs from my OT on top of the cost of OT, which is $50 for every 2 weeks. (Or otherwise get the equipment but I'm assuming renting is cheaper than buying my own set) Okay, I'm having enough issues that I really should be doing this program.

But my boyfriend and dad both have issues with this area. If we're spending money on it anyways, is there reason to not have them use the program as well? I live with my boyfriend, so he' be able to use it twice daily like me, but I don't see my dad daily.

Also, thinking about it. How much would it cost to get my own set of equipment? Anyone know. Renting feels expensive here but I don't know where to look to find everything I'd need. The article about the program has some of it but not all of it.

I have two weeks to decide what I want to do, next appointment I'm to wear the headphones listening to a CD for a half hour, and then I can bring stuff home.