SPD Support Forum

Full Version: OT Needed for Adult SPD Eval - St. Louis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I am new to the forum. Over the last year my anxiety and numerous other symptoms have become increasingly worse. I have received a diagnosis of severe ADHD but I don't think that's the issue or at least not the primary concern.

My couain's son receives a diagnosis of SPD at the age of 1.5 years. At that time my cousin's husband is a psychologist and he agrees that I have SPD. I have reviewed the checklist and rated my answers. My psychiatrist agrees I have major auditory issues but doesn't "manage" SPD. I have tied my migraines (occurring for over 25 years) are related to overstimulation most often.

I need help coping and developing a sensory diet. Naturally, an official diagnosis would go a long way. Does anyone know about an OT in the St. Louis, MO area who works with adults with SPD?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I don't know about that area, but I know that both OTs I've worked with were pediatric OTs who were just willing to work with adults. One said so explicitly, the other when I asked said she was willing to try but she'd never done so before.

The one that had done so before is my current OT and is a better fit in my case, I was too complicated a case for my first OT, but going and asking the pediatric sensory OTs is worth it.
Thank you. I will keep digging. There has to be someone willing and able to work with me.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

(11-23-2012, 12:50 AM)Tuttleturtle Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about that area, but I know that both OTs I've worked with were pediatric OTs who were just willing to work with adults. One said so explicitly, the other when I asked said she was willing to try but she'd never done so before.

The one that had done so before is my current OT and is a better fit in my case, I was too complicated a case for my first OT, but going and asking the pediatric sensory OTs is worth it.