SPD Support Forum

Full Version: What OT tools/products do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you use for your children, ex: weighted products, Fit Balls for chairs, mini trampolines, fidget toys etc...

My son has vestibular issues as well as sensory seeking (among others). He's constantly moving, fidgeting, bouncing, spinning... just looking for some ideas on products that might help.
I use weighted blankets, sit fit cushion at school, pencil toppers that are wing nuts, mini trampoline in house, generally heavy work that you can make yourself, that are a lot of things you can make up on your own so you don't have to spend a lot of money!!!!!!
Where did you get your pencil toppers and sit fit cushion (I'd love something like this for church)
We use a hippity hop, weighted belt, chewelry and a yoga ball.
The pencil toppers and cushion I bought online at Therapy SHoppe !!!!
(12-10-2012, 08:34 AM)heather40 Wrote: [ -> ]The pencil toppers and cushion I bought online at Therapy SHoppe !!!!

Do you think the cushion or the Fit Ball with feet is the better value? Do you have a link to the cushion you bought?

Our son really struggles sitting still (often kneeling instead of sitting, or he'll slide out of the chair, always fidgeting, LOVES chairs that spin). I was thinking the nice thing about the cushion is we could use it at church/Sunday School... but then the Fit Ball is so fun!
Weighted lap pad too to take to church to help with sitting still!
We use a trampoline indoors, a weighted mat sitting for meals, school has a weighted mat and a squishy sit on mat. He also likes the large exercise ball. We also have a toy which he has to balance on. It has four wheels and two foot pedals and he has to propel it by himself while balancing. This is difficult but it helps with his concentration as well as using his core.
He has taken it upon himself to take the wheelie bin, which when full is very heavy, out for the bin men. This he loves and would do every day.
He hangs upside down or fidgets on chair or sofa to watch tv. He likes to use a scooter outside and swaps feet sometimes mid flow.