SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Overwhelmed and not sure how to proceed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That is awesome!!!! You are doing great!!! One day it was my kids weekend with their dad and I was at my older son's basketball game and my friend asked me to watch her one year old. First it was weird haven't been around a 1 year old for some time, but I am so used to constantly being aware and watching for signs and making sure there isn't going to be an explosion etc... this kid just sat in his stroller and watched the game. It was the weirdest thing. I guess my point is..... I never realized how I am constantly on edge waiting and watching for something to happen. It was really weird. So , yeah, maybe I just had too much coffee already this morning! lol ok, I'm done! ahahahahaa Have a good weekend!~
I DO THE SAME THING!!!! I start to wonder if the child is sick! LOL
lol too funny!!!
Thanks for the ideas and input everyone! We tried the Feingold Diet, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. Caffeine does help with his behavior, but it's hard to find something Feingold - friendly that he likes. Even caffeinated Crystal Light has artificial ingredients. I think you're right about the food, though, I need to start a food diary.

I like the obstacle course idea! We definitely won't stay home, but sometimes I just dread going out with him. I've spent lots of time crying in the car after bad public experiences.
You can't have a meltdown too!!!!! IT's ok, it will get better. I know I dread leaving the house sometimes too, you need to figure out what works for him when you go out. Process of elimination until you find what works.
Pages: 1 2