SPD Support Forum

Full Version: glad to be here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hello! I am the mom of an adorable 5 year old boy who has SPD. We first found out as he approached his 3rd birthday. He had been in speech therapy since 9 months old, as he was not communicating, and also was acting out and having meltdowns. We then noticed that he was showing sensory sensitive as well as sensory seeking behaviors. His speech therapists, as well as our Early Intervention Team, tested him and found the SPD. He also gets rather anxious, and has to be in charge (his way or the highway), and goes into his own world. He does very well with the routine of school, so he was released from special education last spring and is now in mainstream preschool and doing well there. (He saves his best for home!) He is very smart and sweet, and creative. We get frustrated with the behaviors and inability to connect with him or redirect him, and his little brother acts out when Jarek is not doing well. I am glad to have found this site, as i have not met many others who understand! I look forward to chatting with you! Big Grin
WELCOME!!!! You are going to love it here!!! this is one of the best things that I have found!!!! Find them on FB also they post the best ideas and resources!!!!!!
OHHH okay will do ! Thanks! I found another group on fb as well!