SPD Support Forum

Full Version: 20 y/o Australian male with SPD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. If there's anything in particular you want to know about me, just ask.

I'm glad to have found this forum. I am super tired and it's nearly 2 AM, but I had to register when I found this. I've been searching for other adults like myself for ages, but only come across parents asking for advice for their babies or toddlers. Was this a relief or what. I hope to find some helpful things on this forum, and to give out info I've collected along the way.

Just so you know some info about my SPD...

It's pretty bad but I'm getting therapy to help "cure" it as best as I can. I have had 3 sessions so far spaced over about 8 months. I have another session coming up. I was diagnosed about 1 year ago. It's been obvious there are things really different, or wrong about me since I was little, but it was always ignored or it was misdiagnosed, but my mother was smart enough to recognise that and ignored the misdiagnosis. It really sucks that my parents ignored my problems sometimes and I only started getting a bit of help recently, but whatever, can't change the past.

2 facts about me and my SPD
I hate the feeling and sound toothbrushes produce, I can only just handle electric ones. Non electric ones freak me out completely. I am freaking out a bit just typing this and thinking about it! I love stickers and most sticky things.
I'm new here, too. Hello! And another Australian, at that.

Toothbrushes - the sound that ordinary ones make grates on my nerves, too. Fortunately when I use it myself it doesn't bother me, just other people doing it.

Hope you get a lot of help out of it - I'm just starting out with OT, too.