SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hello everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Let me start by introducing my son and I. He is 7 years old and in the first grade. He has always preferred to play alone or with one person. He is very affectionate to me, but on his terms. He has a very difficult time adapting to school due to the overwhelming people there. Unexpected changes will throw him into a meltdown. During drills his teacher keeps him next to her because he will go into a panic. He has had fewer meltdowns during school due to the support and understanding of his teacher and a few others. He loves trucks and cars and movies. Once he starts a movie it must be on until its over. I try to keep a routine in place to defuse the meltdowns. He has an 8 yr old sister and 18 month old brother. He does well with them. He is a great child. Always apologetic when he comes out of his meltdowns. When I have the time I enjoy reading. I'm sorry if this is rambling, because I have so much I'd like to say just not sure how. In time I am sure I will get it out.
Welcome. This is a great place to get support and share ideas. I look forward to your posts.
Hey Guys me Mark.I am a new user on that community.I think that is good for gaining info here. Can any one tell me that what is Physical therapy ?
Welcome Amy! I hope you can get a lot out of this community!