SPD Support Forum

Full Version: I am the blind leading the blind.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all....

I am simply gonna do the cut and paste since I honestly just dont even know where to begin.

My name is Tammi, I have 4 girls and 1 boy. I am 43 and a Gramma to 1 sweet little girl.

1. What brings you here?

I have a daughter who will be 17 in July who I have never been able to find out just what is wrong. She has a LONG medical history. I have a son who is 8 1/2 and was diagnosed as SPD/SID just before he turned 3. I am SPD also but no one will listen......I am just a cranky mean mom.

2. What is your relations to someone with SPD?

I have 2 children with it.

Do you have it?

Yes!

3. Share a little of your journey if you'd like.

Later, just way too much to type right now.

4. Is there any immediate help you need?

I need to find out where/how to start with evaluation. The school says doctor, the doctor say school....

5. SPD doesn't run your life!

At this moment, it does.

What are you or your child's gifts?

My son is very mechanical and my daughter loves to read.
I have a hair bow business.

6. What do you like to do in your spare time?

I am a ribbon junkie.

Any hobbies or interests?

Spending as much time at the school with my kids as I can tolerate.
Welcome. There is much to learn and share.
Make an appointment for the younger one with an Occupational therapist for the older and yourself, a physchologist. Not a regular doctor. A school will "screen" them. An occupational therapist will know better what to look for. Doctor's do not really have a clue they are there for flus and colds. So welcome, you have absolutely come to the right place!!!!!! ( Ignore my spelling, I have not yet finished my first cup of coffee and fingers are not awake!)