SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Newb stepmom with residential 5 yo boy with SPD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

My son's Occupational Therapist referred me to this site (originally spdparentshare.com) and I'm interested in learning more from all of you and your experiences with SPD. My (step)son lives full time with us, as well as his younger brother who is 3 yo, and the older one just started kindergarten. He's already having behavior issues at school and it's only been 7 days of school so far. He's breaking pencils in class and destroying other school property and yelling at his teacher! They will start him on a contract on the next school day.

He is very hard to handle all the time. I realize the more I understand about SPD, the better I am able to cope with his behavior and any tantrums he has. So I'm constantly looking to further my SPD education, if you will. And I'd love to find a few people who may possibly be in a similar situation as mine, who can relate and maybe we could swap horror stories now and then. Smile Thanks for welcoming me to the site!
Welcome. Here's a link to our story and what helped so far:
http://www.spdbloggernetwork.com/2013/08...ttempts-2/
Thanks LAC1961.