The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 30 - File: global.php(953) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(953) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/global.php 953 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 66 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 66 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 1021 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 1021 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1021 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$bottomlinks_returncontent - Line: 6 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

SPD Support Forum
Figuring it all out! - Printable Version

+- SPD Support Forum (http://spdsupport.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (http://spdsupport.org/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (http://spdsupport.org/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Figuring it all out! (/thread-746.html)

Figuring it all out! - MichelleLevins - 09-29-2012

Hi all, I am Michelle. I am mom to 4 girls (17, 12, 5, and 3), wife of 13 years to husband John. We have struggled with our 5 year old since birth. We considered her high needs. She would have outburst and tantrums over things that didn't make sense to us, like her shirt getting a drop of water on it. After years of dealing with this, unsure that it wasn't just her personality, a friend suggested we compose a list and talk to our pediatrician. She reassured us this isn't our child being difficult, it wasn't a desire to act out, these were real issues and she was struggling. We went for an OT evaluation, confirmed SID and have been working on it since. So our family is on this journey together to help Mia and to help each other better understand Mia.

We are a very close family, we have dinner together, enjoy the beach and being outside (most of the time in the Texas heat), and just hanging around each other.

RE: Figuring it all out! - Heather - 09-29-2012

Welcome to the site Smile I am so glad that you found us!

I am Heather. a mom with SPD and all three of my girls have SPD. My youngest is the most severe case out of all of us.

RE: Figuring it all out! - LAC1961 - 09-30-2012

Thanks for joining us! My daughter is also five and was diagnosed with SPD (SID) in July. It's wonderful to hear you are part of a close family who enjoys being together. That's going to be a great benefit for Mia as she learns to adapt to life with SPD.

RE: Figuring it all out! - heather40 - 10-05-2012

Welcome,you have come into a great site! Very supportive people here !!! My son was diagnosed at 1 1/2 yr. old he is 8 now. Early intervention is the best ting and family support is even better! Good for you!!!!!!